Monday, November 26, 2007

Some Subjects

Books:
I have recently read the book Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer about his summit of Mt. Everest in 1996 on the trip where several people died. It's a gripping and emotional story. I highly recommend it. I'm obsessed with Everest now. I've joked to Kelli about climbing it. But then I realized that I could see what it is like in the warmth and comfort of my home without even losing any toes! Just click HERE. By the way, statistically one in four people die trying to summit Everest. Not good odds! I highly recommend any of Krakauer's books. They've all been phenomenal! In other book news, I only have 2 books to finish before I start Ayn Rand's 1200 page monster Atlas Shrugged. Kelli read it a few months ago and I must catch up! Total that will bring me to 63 books completed this year, about seven less than last year but a better list overall. Yes, I am bragging and I don't feel bad about it at all.

A Warning:
During the month of December I'm going to go freaking nuts with lists. It will be that time of the year when we all reflect on what we've experienced, read, listened to, etc. over the past year and how they rank! Yes, it will be total overkill and I will love every second of it. There is nothing I love more than lists! I will do the top 20 albums of the year, top books, probably even make a list of books I will read next year, favorite moments, seriously, I'm going to go nuts with it. Be warned.

Hebrew:
Only 4 class periods left, a few quizzes and a final. Woohoo! I just got done memorizing the paradigm for the Hitpael and the Niphal verb. It is getting easier to memorize the verbal paradigms as there are some common trends that apply to all of them but still brutal work. I didn't have to memorize near this amount of stuff for Greek! I still have no idea how I'm going to remember the paradigm for all seven strong verb forms. That remains to be seen.

The Patriots:
We definitely know now that the Patriots are not invincible. Honestly, I haven't been real impressed with their schedule. Besides almost losing to Indianapolis, who have they played??? My prediction, they lose one regular season game and they don't win the Super Bowl.

The Bears:

They're awful, no doubt. But we did see a glimpse of hope yesterday as Hester remembered how awesome he is and won the game for the Bears to keep their playoff birth alive (at least until next week). Rex Grossman is still the worst QB in the league however so that poses a problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The highest place on Earth?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9428163

Jeff

Anonymous said...

dude I can't wait till we climb everest, we'll have to smoke a big stogie when we reach the peak