Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Running is taking a toll on my body. My knee is starting to swell up with a little fluid again which hasn't happened since prior to my second surgery. I've really started to enjoy the challenge of running and yesterdays 2 1/4 mile run felt really good. My lungs are in good shape and my legs feel strong. But at the same time I am hesitant to overdo it because I would really hate to have a third surgery on the same knee. Other than that, I've had this constant back pain right underneath my left shoulder blade for three weeks now and it hasn't gone away! I feel like such an old man. Makes me wonder how Jerome Bettis played pro football all of those years. Can you imagine being 40 years old and playing professional sports???

Not much to say today but one great resource to (highly) recommend and one that I just found online if you are looking for a different perspective on N.T. Wright's current thought. While I'm not a big Piper fan it would be interesting to hear another side, plus it's pretty cool that he puts his books online to read for free.

The Centrality of the Gospel - Tim Keller

The Future of Justification; a response to N.T. Wright - John Piper

Plus a random quote for free: if you are bored when you are alone, you're probably not in very good company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good saying...

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?"
- Einstein

Jeff

Aaron Stewart said...

Riding a bike is low impact and builds up strength in the muscles around the knees :)