Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Girl in the War EP

Josh Ritter (have you heard me talk about him lately?) has an EP he released on www.emusic.com called Girl in the War Digital Tracks. I highly recommend it for fans of The Animal Years or just of Ritter in general. Here is the tracklist.

1. Girl In The War
2. Blame It On The Tetons
3. Harbortown
4. Peter Killed The Dragon
5. Monster Ballads (early version)
6. In The Dark (acoustic demo)
7. Girl In The War (acoustic demo)

I would say there are a few highlights, one is the Modest Mouse cover "Blame it on the Tetons". The second is the early version of "Monster Ballads". Finally the acoustic version of Girl in the War is wonderful.

I'm serious when I say this. This guy can do NO wrong. Amazing songwriter.

In simliar news i'm pretty peeved because Mandy got to see him live last night and I haven't even seen him yet.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

wow, i actually beat you to a concert! Is the Jamie Cullum tour coming anywhere near you? I didn't check.

If so, you're in for an amazing show. I'm a fan.