Friday, December 10, 2004

Top 5 Concerts of 2004

I don't know why but I love making lists, especially at the end of the year. Every magazine does it and I usually am not satisfied with them. Case in point. Greatest guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone. #9. Jack White. #41. Eric Clapton. #73. Les Paul Are you serious? Jack White? That almost made me puke. Anyway, I'm sure people could care less what the top five concerts I've seen this year are but I'm going to tell you anyway because I write down everyone I see and I've seen 35 bands perform this year! Man, imagine all that money I could have saved right now. Crap. Anyway, here goes:

1. Death Cab For Cutie - Bowery Ballroom
2. The Decemberists - Bowery Ballroom
3. OK Go - Mercury Lounge
4. Ben Folds - Bowery Ballroom (this was cool because it was a private show - WooHoo)
5. Pedro the Lion - Northsix

Honorable Mentions: Blindside - CBGB's

Worst Show of the Year: Starflyer 59 (they played with tracks!)

Anyone see anybody cool this year?

No comments: