Friday, December 17, 2004

Most Anticipated Releases of 2005

I am hoping this is going to be a better year for music than 04. It was pretty rough. Any year that Franz Ferdinand have the best record and are referred to as the "saviors of rock" you know it's a pretty poor year for music. So anyway, here are the releases that I am looking forward to hearing. In order of my excitement:

Denison Witmer - titled "Are You A Dreamer?" Spring '05
Weezer - Spring '05
Brand New - Currently Recording
The Stills - Sometime 2005
The Postal Service - Not sure but definitely 2005
Counting Crows - please be less produced than Hard Candy! Please???
OK Go - Soon

I'm hoping that on top of these there will be some creative new bands that come out this year that aren't just a copy of what's cool right now. For further discussion on this see my post "I hate the Strokes for doing this to music." Don't try to argue either because I'm right. If you don't believe me then you can just go out, buy a vintage suit and tie, grow your hair out until it's real messy and go play some garage rock.



No comments: