Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Half-Way Done

Josh and Julie's wedding was this weekend in Bloomington which went well. I'm glad Josh made it to the wedding after going to sleep the night before at 6:30am with his mind racing. Tough getting him to roll out of bed, but he is indeed married and now chilling on the beach in Cancun. Great catching up with the guys this weekend too. Got a chance to see some family this morning too.

Today starts the second part of the trip where I will be hanging with Nick (and Nick's son Elijah), Brad, Shawn, and Jake (hope I'm not missing anyone). Also going to the Cubs game on Tuesday night which is fantastic.

Unfortunately I woke up a little ill today which I fully blame on Kelli (I'm going to put her in a bubble when I get home). I do miss her though. It's been about 9 days, and I've got 5 more to go. I think we're going to make a new rule after this that the longest we can be away from each other is 3-5 days tops. 14 is way too long once you're married! The first two or three days you kind of go through a period of withdrawal and then start to feel a spirit of independence so it will be interesting what it's like to be back home. "Leave me alone, I want to watch tv and can do whatever I want!" Haha, just kidding.

No comments: