Thursday, April 03, 2008

Beer Brewing Update

As you can see, the Pale Ale that Elvyss and I brewed several weeks back turned out very good. Great flavor, high hoppiness (more of an IPA quality) and a little too much carbonation (shouldn't have used a whole cup of bottling sugar). But this is a fantastic recipe and a relatively easy one. This is a beer I may brew again a little later on in the summer.

I think Devin is right when he said that this came out better than the Nut Brown. The Nut Brown had too much alcohol because of the brown sugar and it is a bit more of a strong ale than a nice sipping one.

We have a Red Ale that we have just bottled and am looking forward to seeing how that turned out in a week or so. Saturday, Ryan Moreland and I are going to brew a double IPA complete with oak chips in the secondary to give it a slight wood flavor. Hope that turns out!

Gosh, I can't get over how fun it is to have a hobby. I think that means my other hobby needs to be exercise!

No comments: