Friday, April 18, 2008

Devin's Bday dinner

I didn't want to have to tell this horrifying story, nor embarrass my friend, but the more it churned over and over in my mind I decided that the truth was more important than both of those things so here goes.

Two nights ago Devin and Larissa came over to have dinner and to celebrate Devin's 27th birthday. Because we now live within walking distance from the Belmont Station which is home to over 1,000 beers, I told Devin that we could walk there and I would buy him a six pack of anything he wanted. Now, let me make sure you understand that there are 1,000 different beers ranging from exotic IPA's to incredible ESB's to sweet Browns and delicate Porters.

We must have been in the store for 30 minutes, you could feel the tension in the air as Devin was trying to decide upon a beer in this glorious atmosphere of ale. This is where things go south.

What was his choice amongst all of this? That's a great question.

Well, I guess I should just tell you and get this over with.

Click here for the answer.


That's right. It was a beer with four things wrong with it:

1. It is brewed by Coors. (come on, we live in the NW, you can't drink Coors out here)
2. It has a twist off cap which is never a good sign.
3. It is a fruited beer, it has orange peel and honey in it.
4. It is a wheat beer which he doesn't even like.

Now, how could a person choose so wrongly? That's the question and this may always be a mystery to everyone involved in Devin's life. The point is, I have three left if anyone wants to come over and drink that garbage.

5 comments:

DJ Word said...

beers of this sort are very good for cooking certain dishes. Put in the cabinet next to a cheap merlot and use it to braise some meat or something like that.

Agent B said...

Blue Moon is OK when nothing better is available.

I thought it was brewed by Molson?

Dustin said...

Yeah, Blue Moon is fine. We had it a few night's earlier actually. It was just ironic that in a place with 1,000 beers, that was the choice.

Anonymous said...

wow. I like blue moon. I guess I don't know as much about beer as you. (Then again, I don't have a brewery in my house.)

I can see the problem with the choice, given that there were so many others and you can get blue moon about anywhere.

Dustin said...

yeah, I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with blue moon, it was more of the choice within the context that was funny like you pointed out.