Friday, July 28, 2006

ode to the small town

Kelli and I have been hanging in Marshall, Illinois for the last few days and it has been a nice change of pace. When you grow up in a small town, nothing feels more comfortable than a small town. If there is ever a time when the cities get extremely overpopulated and miserable I know I can always count on being able to move to the middle of nowhere and find some peace. Granted, that will probably not happen for a while but it's nice to know there is a place where you can set on a front porch in the warm summer breeze blowing in the huge trees and watch the cars go by while waving to those you know and sometimes those you don't. We ate homemade fried chicken and mashed potatoes last night, sat out on the porch for a few hours with grandma and then played Euchre and drank sweet tea until bedtime. Can life get any better?

1 comment:

Dustin said...

i was hoping that someone was going to quote Brian Regan! Nice work Monts. I almost wrote that myself but I thought I would leave it out there for someone else.