Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hotel Lights















How did I miss this? How did I not hear anyone talk about this album back when it came out in March? Darren Jessee is the founder of Hotel Lights. If you don't remember who Darren is, which I didn't, he played drums in Ben Folds Five which is what interested me in giving it a listen. Some albums you know you are going to love right when you hear 10 seconds of the first song. This is one of those records. I listened to a few samples on www.emusic.com and instantly spent my remaining 13 songs on it. His voice reminds me of a mix between Jeff Buckley and Fran Healy (lead singer of Travis). The melodies are very rich and he combines his acoustic sounds with plenty of piano and some cool loops. It is an album I think I could listen to everyday. YOU WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT!

CLICK TO LISTEN:
You Come and Go
Follow Through

1 comment:

Dustin said...

ouch!