Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lark News

Lark News was on the XXX Church podcast this week and Joel, the guy who created Lark News was on it so I went back to www.larknews.com and cruised some archives and found my new favorite story. This is great!

License plate mistake a headache for Christian motorist


SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — Sally Warner, 43, became a Christian while reading the biblical book of Titus. A week later she submitted a form to the DMV requesting a personalized license plate. But her request for a plate reading "TITUS 4U" arrived at her home reading "TITS 4U."
"I was crushed," Warner says. "I couldn't bring myself to put them on my car. The DMV people have been very sympathetic, but they insist I use these plates until new ones arrive."
Warner, a nurse, owns one car and has to drive to work every day. Now other motorists honk at her on the highway, and men make rude "breast-squeezing" gestures, she says, "and not just truckers." She often finds notes with phone numbers left on her windshield.
"All I can think is, 'This is what I get for trying to share the best thing that ever happened to me?'" Warner told a reporter through tears.
The DMV says they are expediting Warner's request, and that there may be an upside to the unfortunate episode.
"Her plate may actually be a collector's item," said a DMV spokeswoman. "We're not allowed to put certain words on license plates and 'tits' is certainly one of them. We're puzzled how this happened." •

No comments: