Friday, June 16, 2006

Friend or Foe?

Who do you trust in an all out fantasy baseball battle? What happens when the commissioner goes corrupt and has been known to accept bribes to approve trades and better his own team at the same time? What happens when there is a commish with ultimate power and no accountability who doesn't even comply to the standard two day waiting period on trades?

After an epic 24 hour battle on the Yahoo fantasy baseball message boards, sheer chaos has been unleashed on the Big League Chew division of Yahoo.
This all started with this trade between the commish and Chuck Norris' team.


6/16 T. Jones (Det - P)
Trade "my pitchers suck"

for

6/16 A. BurnettDL (Tor - P)
Trade Feel the Roundhouse my pitchers suck



Team "COUP D'ETAT" (whatever the hell that means, what is this a French league?) started the protest with the message: "I'm alerting the league to a potential trade going through. Todd Jones, possibly the worst reliever in the game today, and certainly the worst CL, for AJ Burnett. I don't care if Burnett is on the DL or not, Jones isn't worth Seth McClung. I've sent my protest to the "commissioner" but wanted to make this public. What a joke. Please join me and prevent this, what can only be described as a con. I’m not sure what Voll said or did to convince this man that Todd Jones has any value what so ever, but it must be prevented. Vote No on TJ for AJ!"

Team "Thatsahelavaidea Temp (not to be confused with Thatsahelavateam)" chimed in with his wisdom "Beware of trading for pitchers with a team named "my pitchers suck". Good call.

Team "No Name Yet" who really just needs to get a friggin name already since it's almost the all-star break concurred with "Coup D'whatever" saying, "i agree on the NO vote for the trade. it's a bunch of malarchy."

"I've never seen Fantasy Baseball tear apart a friendship like this. It's a shame" says part-time fantasy baseball player known as "Feel the Roundhouse" He adds, "But who cares, I'm going to finish in last anyway, I didn't even know that pitchers had an inning limit!"

What will happen when all of this is over? It's hard to say but one thing is for sure. A picture like this will never again be snapped.


Tyler and John's Friendship
RIP 1999-2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your spending your time wisely! Go whoever your rooting for! I'm glad the church has a devoted man of the cloth.

Keith said...

Hilarious...

Go to Amazon.com and read about a book called 'Fantasyland'... It is all about one guy's obsession to win his fantasy baseball league... He spends like $35,000 to win a leage where the prize money is $0...