Friday, March 13, 2009

March Music Recs


Great Lake Swimmers - Lost Channels
I loved their first two albums and thanks to Jon Irvine , I saw them and Centro-Matic at the New World Brewery in Tampa, which is basically just a patio. Check out their Myspace and listen to "Moving Pictures, Silent Films".

That was also the location that a drunk guy threw a beer glass that came close to hitting me, shattered on the floor, and the glass of which hit Kelli's foot which of course instantly infuriated me. I almost had to be restrained, just ask Kelli. :)



Radio Moscow - Brain Cycles
I will admit that this is unlike anything I typically listen to but I'm loving it. Total blues rock band. Apparently they were signed by Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys. That would make sense. Check it out here.










The Soft Hills - Painted World

Indie band from Seattle (how cliche). Check it out here. Nice chill record to do work to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see The Soft Hills in San Francisco this Fall!