Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where is your sting?

Thinking through death and resurrection this week in preparing for the last passage in 1 Cor. 15 has brought up quite a lot of thoughts and emotions as one who has typically not dealt with death well and has experienced quite a bit of it in the past 15 years. As a pastor I have done one funeral and would rather never do one again.

In light of this I thought of my friend Bill Reiter who passed away a little over a year ago now. This is still tough for me to handle.

O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

This certainly doesn't mean we don't mourn, but that we mourn like those who have hope.

Bill's mom sent those of us who were involved at Mosaic together this email and it's still hard to read without tearing up but this meant a lot to me.

"I was going through his bag that he always carried with him and his id card from Mosaic was still in there- he loved your church so much. You had a profound impact on his life and heart and I believe he is carrying the name of your church to the throne of God with him."

Still miss ya Bill.

No comments: