Friday, October 24, 2008

David and Dawn's Wedding

This past weekend in Peoria, IL, I officiated the wedding of Dawn (my step-sister) and David Francis. It was an outdoor wedding and the weather turned out beautiful.

It is always a humbling experience to get to be a part of someone's wedding day. With the five weddings I've done up to this point, I think I've thought every single time, "what in the world am I doing up here?" Not because I feel unqualified or lack confidence in what I'm doing but because it's such a HUGE day in someone's life that I can't believe I get to play such a role!

I really enjoy doing weddings and have always done fairly well at them, but there is an immense pressure to not screw anything up (like saying the wrong names or something). It's a quick ceremony but that pressure just wears me out! I'm usually exhausted by mid-reception and feel like I've worked for 8 hours unloading UPS trucks.

I've got to say however, this was a great wedding to be a part of. Easy rehearsal, smooth wedding, no complaints! It was beautiful. Plus I got to see family I don't see all that much. I'm not sure I could have had a better time.

Here is my Dad and sisters Molly and Sarah.
(some people say there's a resemblance between my Father and I).










Kelli with Aidan.


















Kelli with Ava.
(Can you tell how ready she is to have one of her own?)






























This is Sarah with Ava and Aidan.













Dawn, Sarah, and Molly.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I did a wedding once with a friend of mine for two friends of ours (it was a whole big friend thing) and everyone was crying and we barely made it through. Weddings are good fun when you don't have to just sit there. Gald you got to participate!