Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sleep, where did you go?

The last week and a half or so I've been having a hard time sleeping. Lots of tossing and turning. I'm not sure why. I don't feel stressed out about starting a new Evergreen location this weekend and feel like everything is in place (to the best of our knowledge) but I wonder the stress is just exhibiting itself in a different way. Another strange thing is that when I am sleeping I am dreaming about Evergreen stuff. Not anything exciting, just mundane details and normal conversations so some mornings I wake up and feel like i've been working all night which isn't a great way to start the day!

On another note, Kelli and I have been thinking of getting a kitten. We can't have a dog where we live so we thought having a cat may be fun. I've found some pretty cool ones on Craigslist but I'm having some catmittment issues. Seems like an added responsibility and that scares me right now! I can't imagine how much a child changes things, but it won't be too long before we find out. (No, Kelli is not pregnant).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love kittens.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

You should save one from a shelter.

Jeff

drew moser said...

cats suck

Anonymous said...

Drew Moser. I remember you. We played you guys in baseball growing up. You pitched, right? You hit me square in the knee in a baseball game in 7th or 8th grade once. Thanks. :)

Jeff

Anonymous said...

cats stink - literally...
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hey man-

Cats aside, welcome to the show. The sleeplessness and the non-stop dreaming about Evergreen will be part of the course you need to play from here on out- at least they've been part of mine.

Here's what helps me now-
*Don't drink alcohol after dinner :)
*1 unisom, cut in half and then cut in half again
*Analyze what those dreams are telling you about how you are feeling and make that a matter of your prayers
*have a relaxation ritual as you move towards sleep- something that tells your body- time to rest now.
*consciously lay it down when you crawl into bed (or even sooner if you can)

And don't worry- it's Jesus' church anyway. :)

Love ya' man- it'll be great. God is doing something good with us.