Saturday, March 01, 2008

Back from San Diego

The last two days were a whirlwind of two good sessions with N.T. Wright who really blew my mind, an early morning Bible Study with N.T. Wright where he talked about the entire book of Acts in 45 minutes (which they didn't record), and a theological panel discussion with Roger Olson, Greg Boyd, Carolyn Custis James, and J.P. Moreland whom made the statement,

"I know as an indisputable fact that I have three angels surrounding me at all times. I have more verifiable proof of this fact than I do that George Bush is our president."


Huh?

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since and I think I'm actually going to email him and try to find out what the heck he was talking about. It's not that I don't believe in angels, it's that I'm not sure have you have verifiable proof of something like that.

San Diego was a nice refreshing break, but it was nice to get back to Portland last night. We were thankful to get on the standby, there was a chance we'd be spending the night in Seattle and I grateful to get home!

On the flight from San Diego to Seattle I sat next to a large guy, who ordered four jack and cokes and drank them in about 30 minutes and for some reason didn't have any problem with his hairy arm rubbing my bare arm the entire flight. It was one of the longest 2 hours of my life.

As my friends have pointed out, one of the unfortunate things about a convention put on by two huge publishers is that they are trying to sell you stuff the entire time, every workshop is kind of a sales pitch for the authors book, but it was cool to get a ton of free books.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Will you do a follow-up post if you get a response to that e-mail? I would be interested in hearing what he has to say as well!

Dustin said...

i'm actually having a difficult time finding his email address. It's not on the biola faculty webpage so I'm not sure what else I can do?