Thursday, March 23, 2006

Close Encounters of the Reptile Kind



WARNING: TRUE STORY










Tonight Kelli and I rode our bikes over to a park about 2 miles from here. In this park there is a typical Florida lake with lots of brush and weeds, etc. Well we rode our bikes up to the lake by what we have called "Bagby Head" because it's a little peak right on the lake and no one is ever there so we thought we would claim the land for ourselves.

In any case, I jumped off the bike and jumped from Bagby Head right down to the water of the lake talking like I was the Crocodile Hunter searching for a Croc! Unfortunately there really was a Croc and it was one large mommajomma. As soon as it saw me walking towards it, it jumped and flopped in the water which was a large splash and freaked Kelli and I out because we weren't sure what it was but there in the water in front of us was the head of an alligator just glaring with it's beedy little eyes. It stopped and stared at us for several minutes and then when we started walking away slowly it swam out to the middle of the lake and then over to the other side watching us the whole way. It was awesome! I almost lost my life to an alligator! It was so freaking close! Yes, this is a true story! I'm thankful it wasn't as hungry for my flesh as Barry Bonds is for steroids! I would have been toast.

3 comments:

DJ Word said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DJ Word said...

crocs and alligators are not quite interchangible.

bill said...

ha ha. i like rick. he has a cute puppy for his profile picture, but he's not afraid to throw down when necessary. and i think we can all agree that the 'croc/alligator' thing is without a doubt necessary.