Thursday, September 01, 2005

Solitude


Posted by Picasa

Tim Keel - Creating Space For Solitude

This is a phenomenal talk from when he was visiting Rob Bell's church a few weeks ago. I highly recommend you check it out. I've realized how important solitude is in the past and have read plenty of Nouwen and Thomas Keating and love the idea but besides a short period of time have never carved out the kind of time to be with God alone as is necessary to understand who I am and who God is. I never realized just how absolutely necessary solitude is until I heard this talk. I'm shocked that I've been a follower of Christ for 8 years and have never heard a message like this when it should be the first discipline in our lives. Wow.

4 comments:

Jinx said...

well since you are a pastor and you seem to know a lot about god, christianity and the like i will ask you.

lol, so random and too forward i know but hell, im on a quest here. I apologise for the random comment but i found you on that bible in my hands blog and you disagree with almost everything that poor girl seems to say so after asking here and getting a load of scripture im gonna ask you, you dont have to reply to this rude presumptuous comment as i realise you may not take this in good humour but it would be very helpful (and you may shape my beliefs forevermore) if you did.

ok, here's the question:

WHY do you believe in god?

Not show me a load of scripture to say that god loves you jesus is our saviour but to you, you personally, why. I realise this is always going to be a highly personal answer and you probably may not feel like sharing it with an obnoxous and partially dislexic bitch but this is a comment under a name and if you follow the link then you will see basically my whole life in the past 6 months as it is my diary.

Give and take, i understand.

So if there is an answer and you are not disgusted in me and think i am a complete bitch please help me. Please.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this randomness.

Jinx

Dustin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry Whitney,

But when someone has a view that is speculative, and possibly hurtful to Christianity it is not good for people like Dustin to keep his views in his brain. I am sorry that you have followed your modern day prophet...ps I am a pastor too.

Dustin said...

he also predicted that the cure for Aids would be found in 2002 and that no American's would be killed in the War on Iraq.

Would you say then that sometimes God's prophets are wrong??