Saturday, October 16, 2004

If You Can Dodge Traffic, You Can Dodge A Ball.

We had our Dodgeball Tournament at NYU last night. 16 Teams Played! It was a great night, there were probably around 130 people that showed up to participate. The NYU Men's Volleyball team ended up winning, they were pretty tough to beat. One of my favorite points of the evening was when a kid team (we had three) beat an NYU team. There were one man left on each side and the kid ended up winning. The place went absolutely crazy and his teammates carried him around the gym jumping around celebrating. It was an awesome time!

It was one of the most stressful evenings of my life. On the way to set up I was pulled over by a traffic cop who had a little powertrip going on so i almost got myself arrested, I rear ended a vehicle (the guy didn't really care, just checked out his car and told me to have a good night, he must have been gellin), dropped my phone in a mud puddle as I stepped out of the van, said the F Word and meant it several times during this excusion. Tough night but it ended up being awesome. I heard one of the volleyball players say on the way out to a friend on the phone, "This was one of the funnest nights I've ever had." Pretty cool. That made it worth it. Hope they make it to Mosaic sometime.

Favorite joke of the night. A 12 year old boy came up to me with a sad look on his face and said, "Dustin, I was suspended from school last week." To which i said, "For what?" And he said as he flexed his arm muscles, "For having these guns." His friends started dying laughing. Man, fifth graders are the best!

No comments: