Friday, April 27, 2007

The God Solution












Many of you are famliar with or have read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. The first full length response to this book is coming out soon that I just wrote a back cover copy for called The God Solution by Dr. James A. Beverley who is a professor of Christian thought at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto. Unfortunately I was not able to read all of this book yet but what I have read has been excellent. From what I have heard Dawkins makes a pretty poor case in his book (not to mention his vehemenence and intolerance that even other atheists have admitted being embarrased by). But aside from a critique of Dawkins work (in a very fair way I will add), Beverley who has spent the last 30 years studying world religions and apologetics lays out a compelling case for faith and discusses the best and worst arguments for evil, 20 different views of Jesus, the time he has spent with the Dalai Lama, and also has an open letter to Sam Harris! There is so much in this book to be interested by. I'm excited to read the rest. Anyway, I don't usually talk about books that I write cover copies for, but this one is one that I'm excited about.

No comments: