Friday, December 14, 2007

I Smited Hebrew!

The big Hebrew final was yesterday. It was seven pages long, took about an hour and 45 minutes, total time studying was around 14 hours.

And I rocked it! That's right, you heard me. The studying paid off.

50 vocab words - knew them all

7 complete verb paradigms in the perfect, imperfect and participle - got almost all of them (this took forever as it meant basically writing out 140 hebrew words from memory!)

Fill in the blank translation - aced

4 pages of translation - ok, there were some parts here that I didn't do so hot, but I actually knew many of the sentences. There was extra credit but it was really hard and I think I was just embarrassing myself by continuing to write down words that probably had nothing to do with the sentence so I just quit and turned the test in to try to save myself some humiliation with the professor.

My prediction - B+ (but i honestly think it's possible that I got an A-)

Could I be completely wrong and have missed way more than I think? Absolutely.

Anyway, the important thing is, first semester Hebrew is in the books and in the next three weeks I won't have to think, look at, or study one single Hebrew word! Praise Elohim......crap.

No comments: