Friday, December 21, 2007

Hebrew Pays! Literally.

At the barber shop I go to (which is awesome) every few weeks they have a different trivia question that if you answer correctly you get a dollar off your haircut. This has been quite a challenge and it has continually frustrated me as I have never gotten one right...until today!

The question was..."What does the word Bethlehem literally mean?"

Thankfully we had just translated Ruth 1 in class where those two words are used all the time! Let me just say that getting this question right really made my day. Not only did I get a dollar off my haircut, but when the two barbers asked how I knew the answer I got to say for the first time, "I know Hebrew!" Man, what a day!

So in any case, do you know what Bethlehem literally means? No cheating!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesen't it mean "House of the Lord"... Oh wait thats Bethel...

Oh, "House of bread"?

Dustin said...

House of Bread is correct. Congrats. You get a dollar off the next time I cut your hair!

Unknown said...

That's some sweet action right there!