Friday, December 07, 2007

Favorite Movies of 2007

A disclaimer before you read the list:

---I know nothing about movies. I am not a big movie watcher, I don't see a lot of movies, and I really don't care that much about movies. I don't even know what makes up a good movie other than I find it entertaining. I know nothing about directing, acting, producing, and do not pretend in any way to know about those things.

What I am saying is that this list has no credibility at all! Read with caution....

1. King of Kong; A Fistful of Quarters
One of the most entertaining and enjoyable films I've seen in a long time! This is a fantastic documentary of a battle of epic proportions: the world record at Donkey Kong. Be prepared to laugh, a lot.








2. Bourne Ultimatum
The "shaky-cam" was even more over the top on this one. I wanted to vomit, but in a good way. Can't go wrong with these movies. Matt Damon's a stud.








3. Hot Fuzz
Hilarious mock-up of police movies from the guys that brought you Shawn of the Dead.









4. Reign Over Me
This is a great movie and Adam Sandler's performance was award worthy. I will agree with Bill on that one. Loved it.









5. Ratotouille
Animation - fantastic
Storyline - fantastic
Characters - fantastic








6. Breach
I feel like this was one of the more overlooked movies this year. This is what The Good Shepherd (which was awful) should have been.









7. 300
Kelli loved the outfits. I didn't care for them so much, but felt like I wanted to fight someone by the time I left. That's a quality I like in a movie.










8. Live Free or Die Hard
Bruce Willis-bloody and beat up in the first 10 minutes. Luckily there's another hour and 50 minutes to go!









Worst Movie of the Year:
Pirates 3 - Hands down the worst movie of the year, if not the decade! One of the only movies that I wanted to actually ask for my money back. I still can't believe how a movie this bad could be released. Terrible, horrific, just straight stupid.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Yes! More Bruce Willis!