Thursday, November 11, 2004

Live at Bowery Ballroom


Pedro Posted by Hello

Last night I saw Pedro the Lion at Bowery Ballroom. Sons and Daughters opened and the coolest thing about them was that they were from Scotland, that's about it. Starflyer 59 was next and the music was good, i enjoyed it but there was a guitarist/singer and drummer and everything else was on a track. I was VERY disappointed. Why do I want to listen to everything on a CD track and hear a guy play guitar and sing to it. It's like being in a bad church or something and hearing a song sang over a track. Terriblly boring to watch.

And then Pedro. He played a looooooong set which was awesome. I really enjoyed it. Wished he would have played more off of Control and It's Hard to Find a Friend and less from Achilles Heal. I really only like about 4 tracks off of that album, thought the rest to be disappointing but hey, he's not playing just for me. Other people seemed to enjoy the new stuff which is cool. While I lost some respect for Pedro in the past year for his "flip flopping" with pretty much everything (got that word from the debates, sorry), i do respect his thought provoking songs and good storytelling ability. I could listen to Pedro the Lion for days on end and be content. Great show. A+

No comments: