Friday, November 05, 2004

The Great Lake State


Sufjan Stevens Posted by Hello

I started listening to Sufjan a few weeks ago and at first I wasn't sure what to think. I first heard of him from a magazine and also saw that Denison Witmer toured in his band this summer. I checked out his first cd Seven Swans which is very passionate and thought provoking so I thought I would check out Greetings From Michigan which is really a concept record if you look through the track listing. The music is very diverse in it's use of several instruments I've never even heard of. The cool thing is, Sufjan is going to be in Brooklyn playing at a club next Saturday and a friend of mine Brad Otts has been talking with Sufjan quite a bit on the phone about music. Sufjan invited him to sit down and talk a little more after his show. Luckily, as always, I get to tag along! WOOHOO. Looking forward to meeting him after hearing his music. I LOVE HAVING FRIENDS WHO KNOW PEOPLE.

No comments: