Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Moving On Up

I'm not homeless anymore praise God. I had to move out of my old apartment on Friday morning and then could not move into my new place in the East Village until Tuesday morning. Ouch! I hate not having a place to sleep, more less not having a place just to sit down and relax during the evening. This morning me and some friends moved my stuff into my little, tiny, closet of an apartment on East 11th St. after driving our huge Mosaic trailer clear through Lower Manhattan. That was scary. Things started off poorly when we got to the Suburban that pulls the trailer and it didn't start. Dead as a doornail. After having it jumped things sped along quickly and we got it finished. Hopefully by tonight I will have air conditioning installed in my window. Please God! Please!!!! I would say my apartment is about 300 square feet total. Enough room for a bed, a couch and a chair. that's about it. It's a great neighborhood though. The people around there are my age and it is just loaded with bars and lounges which will be fun. I can't wait to be a part of that neighborhood. My apartment is considerably smaller but i am very happy with where I live. Woohoo.

No comments: