Saturday, May 22, 2004

Went to Willow Creek prevailing church conference. Amazing building, even more amazing that all of the teaching pastors have bodyguards. Jesus could have used a few of those as he taught.

Been hanging with Brad, Nick and Brandt and going to see the Cubs kick the Cardinals butt. That is something that I can't take too much of. Go CUBS! Unfortunately i'm going to see the game with a bunch of Cardinals fans. How do these people live with themselves?

I got a chance to do a workshop with the Axis ministry at Willow and at first was turned off. It was as if the entire staff was screaming "Hey look at us, we're hip and trendy." Which i'm not sure they weren't honestly. They looked like they were all from an H&M magazine. They were definitely suburbanites, which is fine but it's just funny. When you walked in the door of the room there was a DJ spinning records. That's cool with me but i never understood exactly why. And then after hearing Jarrett Stevens, the teaching pastor talk about teaching to 20 somethings i felt like an idiot for everything i felt because he's so gifted and really knows what's up. Mike Breaux, Gene Appel and Bill Hybels rocked the house as well. Good job guys. (They're probably not reading it, I understand that).

In other news the book I wrote a chapter in for Relevant Books comes out this fall which i'm excited about. I'm just excited to be included in a book that also has chapters written by Mark Driscoll and my buddy Mike Howerton. They know way more. I bet my chapter sucks in comparison but what can you do. I can't even remembe what the book is called. Hmm.

No comments: