Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some Music Recs

I believe these are better than that last list I gave you...

Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
This is obviously from a few years ago so I'm a little behind on this one. I've heard people talk about Beirut but hadn't spent much time listening to them. That changed when I saw their performance on Letterman a few weeks ago. I've watched it about 10 times on Tivo now and can't get enough of their "A Sunday Smile" performance. It's beautiful and one of the best things I've heard in music for a while. Check it out.




Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Seven-Mile Island

Never been a big Drive-By Truckers fan but I enjoy this. Check out Cigarettes and Wine on his Myspace to fill the Alt-Country hole in your heart (as Chris Leo would say).





Strand of Oaks - Leave Ruin

Don't know anything about these guys. But check out End in Flames at their Myspace.






Peter Adams - I Woke With Planets In My Face

Multi-instrumentalist whom apparently performs every instrument himself for his recording. This is surely a talented musician. I enjoyed the record and found it very interesting, kind of reminds me of Jeremy Enigk in places but at other spots I feel a little like I'm in a Tim Burton film. Pretty cool. Check out some mp3's here.



Dan Auerbach (from the Black Keys) - Keep It Hid


No comments: