Saturday, February 14, 2009

NPC Day 4

Not a lot going on during Friday. I went and really enjoyed Christopher Wright's bible study. The room was sparse and I felt bad for him since what he had to say was so good. He's not as engaging as most of the other speakers and by the end of the week most people didn't have the energy to put in that much effort. I wish they would have scheduled him earlier in the week when we still had a lot of energy to engage with what he was saying because he had some very helpful ideas. Along with a complete recap of the conversation with J.P. Moreland I will recap Wright's thoughts on suffering as well. Very helpful framework!

After that we skipped the final session and had a big breakfast instead with a surprise 50 dollar room credit. And then hung out at the mall for what seemed like an eternity before our flight left. I wasn't a fan of flying the day after the plane crash in Buffalo. Very sad situation there, but I suppose the odds were with us as it is unlikely that it would happen two days in a row! I've flown a lot in the past 8 years and I've always hated the propeller planes. There were a few times where I felt like we were going down on those things as they are blown around quite a bit. If I could, i would never fly again. Not just out of fear, but out of how uncomfortable the entire process is. I hate it.

There is a lot to process from the week. It's too much for any mind to take in, in that amount of time. But more than anything I just had fun hanging out and joking around with the guys. That time away is more valuable than anything you learn from the conference.

It's always good to get away but I'm thankful to be back home in Portland.

1 comment:

g13 said...

generally the turbo-props are a pretty stable flying platform. unless there is ice. then they are a bit of a crap shoot.

my pops works for american and, when i lived in lincoln, he would not let me access his passes for flights from springfield or bloomington - they flew ATR puddle jumpers, not regional jets on those routes then - to chicago when the temps dipped below freezing.

talk about too much information.