Sunday, February 08, 2009

Headed to the NPC

Once again this year we're headed down to the National Pastors Convention in San Diego. This year I'm more committed to blogging while I'm there but we'll see what happens.

Some of whom I'm excited to hear include:
A.J. Jacobs
Andy Crouch
Don Everts
Christopher Wright
Will Willmon
William Webb
and several others...

One of my goals this year is also to ask J.P. Moreland what the heck he was talking about when he said, "I have more proof that three angels surround me at all times than I do that JFK lived." Or something to that effect. I didn't even have to embellish that but I probably didn't get the exact quote. Still don't know what he was talking about. We'll see!

Also, the comedian I opened for in Philadelphia in November, Michael Jr. is going to be doing comedy for the main session one night. That will be interesting to see.

I'm also excited for all the nutballs to blog about how this pastors convention is leading people astray from the "truth" and we're all going to burn in hell. You wouldn't think you'd read those kind of things while you're at a pastors convention but you'd be surprised! Go Ingrid!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Don Everts and I were friends in high school! He is such a great guy. Have you read any of his books?

Mary said...

Is this all men? Just wondering as most Pastor's conferece seem to be a bit...gender specific.

Dustin said...

No Mary there's some pastors wives here too. ;)

Mary said...

No comment is good comment

Dustin said...

hahaha. that's funny.

Dustin said...

Hey Sarah, that's cool. I read Jesus with Dirty Feet a long time ago and loved it!

Which Sarah is this by the way?

Mary said...

I didn't know who Ingrid was till I googled her---scary. Does she like anyone?

John V said...

A friend told me about SOL a few months ago. Have you seen her review of the NPC?? Good stuff! Apparently she's not a fan of some of their personal appearances including (my favorite) Bill Hybels coming "fresh from his latest permatan spraydown".

Dustin said...

Mary - no, she does not like anyone.

John - she's not a fan of anyone. She's pretty kooky!

Mary said...

I wasted soooo much time today reading Ingrid's blog--like a traffic accident as your can't not watch when you know how awful it is-

Dustin said...

Mary, that's the pitfall of blogs like that, it's easy to get sucked in! And then it's easy to make you mad. And then it's a vicious cycle! Be careful!

Sarah said...

This is Sarah Case. Don Everts actually grew up in Gresham! :) I supported Don and his wife Wendy for a while when they were on IV staff, but I haven't seen him for a few years now.

Dustin said...

that's crazy Sarah, I had no idea that he grew up in Gresham. If I see him again I'll have to chat with him. I loved his seminar!