Sunday, November 30, 2008

List December #1

Alright, December is here, and with it comes tons of year end lists! Just to reiterate a note from last year; I realize that this is completely self-indulgent and I don't expect anyone to care all that much what my favorite stuff is, but I love reading others year-end lists so I always find making my own fun as well. We'll get to favorite music, books, and movies of 2008 a little later in the month but I figured this one would be a fun one to start out on! What's on your list?

Speaking of lists, don't forget to check out who topped out Q's top 50. Wow. Speechless. Almost as bad as Paste's. Of course, nothing tops Blender's list of mediocrity (not surprising). I honestly think music magazines have lost their minds this year. Mojo and Uncut's lists are somewhat better...i guess.

Anyway, on to the first list!

Favorite Alternative Albums of the 90's

Pearl Jam - Ten










Nirvana –Nevermind






Nirvana -Unplugged in New York






Dinosaur Jr. - Without a Sound






Alice in Chains – Jar of Flies






Radiohead - The Bends






Radiohead - OK Computer






Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream






Soul Asylum – Grave Diggers Union






Stone Temple Pilots - Core






Live – Throwing Copper






Counting Crows – August and Everything After






REM - Out of Time






Weezer – Blue Album






Soundgarden - Superunknown










U2 - Achtung Baby

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q's list was pretty bad. all i have to say is that if I hear Duffy one more time i'm going to scream.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this is my most favorite of your lists to date :)

Bethany

Anonymous said...

i myself like december list #2 about the soccer players

Anonymous said...

WoW! I couldn't believe Pearl Jam and Nirvana were so far down the list. Now, I like the rest of the albums, but I figured these two would at least be ahead of Soul Asylum. But it's a good list none-the-less.

Dustin said...

Hey Thadd,

unlike the other lists this month, this one has no real order to it. I thought it would be hard to rank these, although Pearl Jam and Nirvana would definitely be in the top three! no doubt about that.

Devin said...

bullshit list