Saturday, November 08, 2008

Vacation!

I'm extremely excited right now as Kelli and I will be chilling at the beach in Florida on Monday and going to a wedding that next weekend. We're taking an overnight flight tomorrow night and will be there by about 9am. Really looking forward to having a week away to rest and get away from school. We haven't been back since we moved over two years ago so it will be good to see old friends.

Friday night I've got a little excursion up to Philadelphia to do an opening set of stand-up for Michael Jr. and then back to Florida for the wedding on Saturday afternoon. Going to be a hectic but exciting weekend.

For those of you who didn't know I did stand-up or believe me, here is proof!

This was in NYC at Gotham Comedy Club which was kind of home base. I think I saw on Last Comic Standing that Gotham has a new space now which looks amazing! I love this picture though because I still can't tell if Bill Clark is about to sneeze or is laughing. I prefer to think he's laughing.

My favorite moment though was a New Talent show that Gregg Farah and I did at Caroline's on Broadway. It was amazing to be on the same stage where almost every comedian that I love has performed. We were interspersed with professionals like Eddie Brill and Judy Gold. I was right after Bill Burr from the Chappelle Show which was a hard act to follow! But I was very encouraged as Eddie Brill who has been doing comedy since before I was born encouraged me and said, "Hey kid, good stuff, you keep doing that, I mean it." That was a highlight of my comedy career! I'm hoping that Friday night will be a highlight as well! I've got some new material that I'm excited about so we'll see!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do standup? sweet! keep it up man!

Anonymous said...

whoops, didn't mean to be anonymous there.

Dan said...

wow. you're like an onion, so many layers. let's swap a sermon for some stand-up sometime. we'll call it seeker-sensitive.

Dustin said...

it's funny you say that Dan. I did comedy for three Sunday morning services once and it was then and there I promised I would never do it again! Not real conducive to comedy!