Sunday, November 16, 2008

Comedy Show in Philly

For all of those looking for You Tube clips seeking to expose my secret life as a comedian, unfortunately due to the headliner's contract, no recording was allowed! So the vault remains closed!

But here are a few bad pics from my camera phone. I'm looking to see if some other people I know there knew of anyone that took some good pics. I don't even have any of me! But the first pic was right after I was done which I took from the first level balcony, and the second is on the floor level right before Michael Jr. was done.



Over all the show went great. It was an incredible room, a sell out show of about 350 people, and very generous hosts (first time I had a driver waiting at the airport with my name on a
card.) I was very pleased with my 15 minute set and it was a good opportunity to try out some new material I have been working on. Actually, I think everything but two bits were new stuff so it was a risk to be sure! But it paid off.

I wasn't sure I was going to make the show because my flight from Tampa was delayed a few hours because of weather, and the flight before mine was canceled. That would have been a huge disappointment! But I made it and out of all of the comedy shows I have done this one will be an experience i won't forget! I also found out that Michael Jr., whom also started out in NYC was asked to open some shows for Jerry Seinfeld back in the day! Nice to know I'm now only one degree removed from Jerry!

4 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

Dude you have to do part of this on a Sunday morning now. :)

Keith said...

Sounds awesome Dustin...

Anonymous said...

Sweet Man! Sounds like a step up from telling dirty jokes to high school kids on a missions trip to NYC!

Dustin said...

gosh, you're not kidding Brad. I will never forget that day. horrible!