Monday, August 11, 2008

NFL

I just want to make a public declaration that this year, because of the Chicago Bears inability/refusal to get a good quarterback instead of keeping the worst quarterback in the league, for the 2008-2009 NFL football season I am officially a Seattle Seahawks fan.

If the Bears decide to finally make a smart decision and get rid of the worthless Rex Grossman, then next year I will consider re-pledging my allegiance back to the team I have rooted for since youth. But for this year I am boycotting the Chicago Bears.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like the Cubs putting there hopes on Mark Prior year after year after year after year. Sometimes you just have to give up.

Jeff

devin said...

yes! smartest move you've ever made. you will not regret it!

chris leonardo said...

I've been thinking about going to second base with the seahawks as well

John V said...

No, no. Either stick with the Bears or make a clean break and become a Seahawks fan. There's none of this "we'll see about next year" stuff in sports allegiances.

Dan said...

Yeah, the Seahawks are definitely WAY better... If this doesn't work out there's always the Eagles...

Anonymous said...

Wait... so this is football, right?

chris leonardo said...

football? I though this was that sport where you ride a bike and then shoot targets.

jersnyder2 said...

Welcome to the beautiful Northwest Dustin. The Seahawks are all we have in the fall.

g13 said...

spoken like a true chicago fan. i'm saddened by your surrender to cliche.

Dustin said...

keep the cubs out of this Gentry, this has nothing to do with them!

Dustin said...

John - it's not a "we'll see about next year thing". It's a "I'm committing this year to the Seahawks and am intentionally boycotting the Bears due to their idiocy" thing. Like I said, if next year they have a new Quarterback, I will end the boycott.