Sunday, August 10, 2008

Head Coverings?

After thinking about what would happen when we came up to 1 Cor. 11:2-16 in our series for the last three weeks I was pleased to escape with my life @ Evergreen this morning. I thought the discussion was very helpful, people made some great contributions to the discussion. It's unfortunate that those comments during the discussion time don't show up on the audio file because those times add a lot to the message as a whole. But unfortunately because we don't pass a microphone around, the audio is just me. :(

I know some of you have thought through this passage a lot but I wanted to go ahead and throw it out there as to how I approached it and where I came down. I'd love to hear your comments. This is a tough passage and I hope this can be of help to some other people who are preaching it. Discussing the passage this past week with Bob over email was very helpful as well. It's amazing how even a small form of collaboration can make a sermon that much better.

In any case, you can listen to the audio file here, or you can download the PDF and read it. Hope this is helpful.

3 comments:

g13 said...

hey dustin, you really did a great job of integrating your exegetical conclusions into your text. i also appreciated the ease with which you explained the structure of paul's argument to your audience.

great work!

Dustin said...

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that!

Dan said...

Well done, Dustin. I appreciated the way you approached the preaching of this passage, as one who has thought it through but doesn't know everything about it; it's a refreshing stance. Me and my luscious locks have spent some time with this passage, I appreciate your insights.