Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last Sunday


This past Sunday at Evergreen I preached on Psalm 8 which is one of my favorites, talking about wonder and awe at the power and creativity at God's creation, our role in it and how Jesus fulfills it.....

I showed this video as an example of God's creativity. This is truly amazing...


Throughout our series through the Psalms this summer our more creative types have been putting together a tree (which somehow we managed to NOT get a picture of?) as a way to express their worship to God creatively.


And what do you know but someone actually created a bird of paradise to put on our tree!

7 comments:

Dan said...

I saw that bird on the tree too, and I'm pretty sure I made out with its creator that night.

Anonymous said...

You should have used this as an example!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sanplNTr6c

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! have you been watching deep blue (i believe it's called) on sunday evenings - it's amazing...

beth

Dustin said...

yeah, we watched Blue Planet last Sunday night. The episode on the deep sea was INCREDIBLE! It was like a whole other planet! The light that the fish create and shoot and so forth was almost unbelievable. I love that show.

Aaron Stewart said...

Dan I came to post a comment about something else but after reading yours I'm laughing too hard.

Aaron Stewart said...

Also I'm sorry that I missed this Dustin! I really enjoyed your teaching last time. :)

Dustin said...

thanks aaron!