Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum


Finally, someone knows how to end a trilogy!

Go, now and see this. Seriously, go. Get off my blog and go to the movie theatre.

For those of you disobeying my direct command...
My favorite parts were 1) the fight scene with the Moroccan dude (one of the assets). 2) the car chase in NYC. 3) I enjoyed how the movie backtracked into stuff the last movie left out and then came the point where the last movie ended with him talking to (can't remember her name) on the phone in New York.

Finally, has anyone read the books??? This is one of those adaptations that I haven't heard one person say, "the books are so much better." I've never known anyone that has read them. Anyone???? Are you out there?

5 comments:

Lowery said...

Couldn't agree more. Sarah and I were waiting for this one all summer. We caught the first matinee we could yesterday. Awesome. Truly awesome.

As for the books, my dad swears by them. He made me watch the 1988 tv miniseries of The Bourne Identity, starring Richard Chamberlain. It was decent enough, as I remember. Anyway, he loves the books. One of my best friend swears by them, too.

drew moser said...

reading them now. i'll let you know...

Dustin said...

huh Lowery, i didn't know there was a mini-series! Crazy. I am interested in how the book varies from the movie plot though. You'll have to let me know Drew.

Kelli and I watched the first two last weekend as a refresher which I think made the movie last night even better.

I think the only thing that was a little nauseating after a while was the shaky camera though. Might have been a little over the top this time.

Dustin said...

by the way Drew, I tried to start the Golden Compass and got about 150 pages in and am just bored to tears. Does anything exciting ever happen???

Aaron Stewart said...

I could agree more, that chase scene/fight in Morocco was one of the most jaw dropping bits of choreography I have ever seen!