Monday, April 20, 2009

Beer Talk

I haven't made a beer blog post in a while so I thought I would put a few things out there.

First, how long has the Horse Brass Pub been putting their beer offerings online?
That is fantastic!


Laurelwood Workhorse IPA
Laurelwood makes incredible beer almost exclusively! They're consistency amazes me. This IPA is one of my favorites this year, and also won the March Madness IPA contest head to head against 64 other IPA's spanning the country which says a lot in the land where IPA is king! A








Steve Lynch's Bike Town Nut Brown-Collaborator/Widmer
The description is as follows: A NW version of a British style Brown Ale. Medium bodied with a smooth, slightly nutty flavor, very drinkable. I semi-understand the British style Brown Ale and I'm not sure if it's that I simply don't like the style, or this beer tastes more like water than beer. Inconclusive at this point, but in any case I would give it a C- at best.


Full Sail Keelhauler Scottish Ale
I have never cared for Full Sail's regular offerings but their seasonals and Brewmaster specials are generally phenomonal. (For instance, the Black Gold Imperial Stout blew my mind, and I must have bought a 22 ounce of their Imperial Porter 4 or 5 times). This isn't quite up to those standards but is a solid Scottish Ale. Medium bodied, sweet malty goodness.

1 comment:

jersnyder2 said...

I haven't gotten back into the full swing of "beer tasting mode" since Lent has been over, but I have had that workhorse IPA and you are not lying, it is incredible.