Thursday, February 12, 2009

NPC Day 2

A good day...

1. Starting the day with bible study by Gordon Fee from Revelation (mostly his commentary notes, but still good). I love hearing guys who have been studying scripture at the most intense level for this many years but still have a clear love for God. Gordon Fee is to me what Phyllis Tickle is to Chris Leonardo.

2. Getting a phantom photo with Rob Bell. Rob Bell fanboys were out in numbers yesterday during his session. There was a line to talk to him and many things signed. Will never understand the Christian celebrity thing.

3. The nerdiest shirt I've ever seen: I heart hermeneutics. Yeah, I really saw it. I think it was another Rob Bell fanboy.

4. Cigars and 8 dollar beers down at the Gaslamp District.

5. Will Willamon's quirky, hilarious, and memorable sermon.

6. A 10-minute chair massage. Brought tears to my eyes it was so painful but i feel great now.

7. The band Sons of Korah from Australia. By far the best music of the conference so far.

8. Chris punched me in the back of the head while sleeping.

No comments: