Monday, August 29, 2005

The Perfect Rum Runner



Tonight I started my quest for the perfect rum runner. I really enjoy drinks with rum, it's really the only kind of hard liquor I enjoy. I've had the priveledge of trying some nice rums from around the Caribbean. Most recently I brought back a bunch of Bounty which is rum from St. Lucia that we picked up from the local market in Castries one hot Saturday. Anyway, i've been checking out difference recipes and this is the one I made tonight.

• 1 1/2 oz Malibu rum
• ¾ oz Dark Rum
• 1 oz Blackberry brandy
• 3-4 oz Orange juice
• 3-4 oz Pineapple juice
• 3-4 oz Cranberry juice

I'm pretty happy with this mix but i need to experiment a little. I did three oz of each of the juices and I think i will probably lower the amount of the Cranberry Juice next time. I'm still trying for the perfect mix but I have a good start. Kelli and I have also been coming home to a Pineapple Juice and Koko-Nut Rum drink after work. It's simple but it's hard to beat. Very sweet, very good tasting for those who really don't like the taste of hard liquor. Man, this post makes me sound like an alcoholic but I have really just gotten interested in bartending and drink mixes. It's very interesting to me. I think it would be a blast to be a bartender, especially at a good beer bar. Can't be a place that has Dogfishhead IPA, Young's Oatmeal Stout, and Belhaven Scottish Ale in one place. Whenever that happens, I know that I will be a regular.

No comments: