Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back From My Honeymoon

Well, i made it back and I must say that the Island of St. Lucia is beautiful indeed. I will be posting pictures after my computer is fixed. My Dell laptop decided that the motherboard was no longer important so it ate it or something. Piece of junk. DON'T GET A DELL. Anyway, the Anse Chastanet was an amazing resort, it only has three walls meaning that it is an open air room. It was very hot obviously but the view was incredible and birds were just sitting around chillin with you and trying to eat your food. It was endearing. The room looked right out over the Piton mountains, couldn't have been better. The food was some of the best i've ever tasted. The snorkeling was amazing as well. We were right by a marine reserve and quite a bit of coral so there were tropical fish galore and they really seemed to love people. Everytime you would submerge you would realize that you were surrounded by fish just looking at you. That was one of my favorite things.

The Sandals resort on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment. It looked nice but it was more white trash spring break party than a classy resort. The food was mediocre, had no flavor and every restaurant featured almost the exact same menu. The bartenders (minus a few) were very unfriendly and it just seemed very "corporate America". For instance at the main pool you could hear the likes of Brittany Spears blasting and also get your share of "My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard." I certainly don't go to St. Lucia to listen to bad American music i would never bring myself to listen to here. I will definitely never go back to a Sandals but I would recommend St. Lucia, it is one of the more lush, beautiful islands of the Caribbean. If you want more than just a few nice beaches, this is the island to go to. Also, make sure you do the helicopter ride, it's a rush. And yes, for those who want to know, i feel like more of a man today then I did a few weeks ago.

6 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

I'm insanely jealous. Glad you enjoyed St. Lucia in spite of Sandals. My dream vacation is Bora Bora...but something tells me that it will remain a dream.

Tyler said...

I feel more like a man today than i did a few weeks ago

...because of the helicopter ride, right?

Anonymous said...

I heard the helicopter ran out of gas pretty early though...

Anonymous said...

i heard there was a toolbelt on the old 'copter

Anonymous said...

for the record, there was PLENTY of gas for MANY, MANY trips around the island.

mrs. bagby

Michael said...

You got MARRIED?

where have i BEEN ALL YORU LIFE?!

*continues searching*