Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cafe Risque

If you've driven down to Florida on 85 through the state of Georgia you've probably seen billboards (several) advertising Cafe Risque which is, as it sounds, a strip club. I remember in 2000 on the way down to Florida for Spring Break with my college buddies seeing these signs and joking about them as well as the "We Bare All" signs.

In any case I have made that drive probably four or five times round trip and remember the little town of Lavonia which it was in. Well, I was surprised to see that the town of Lavonia bought the strip club today for 1 million dollars. For what? To tear it down! And they have apparently already burned the billboards. Awesome.

In any case, just a random story that I thought those who have seen the billboards as well as my college friends would enjoy.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

now there will be less car accidents on 85