· Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.
· Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
· Never be lazy but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
· Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
· When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them.
· Always be eager to practice hospitality.
· Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.
· Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.
· Live in harmony with each other.
· Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people.
· And don’t think you know it all!
· Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable.
· Do all you can to live in peace with everyone.
· Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God.
· Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
...from Romans 12