Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sufjan Stevens


Posted by Picasa
I have been listening to Sufjan Stevens new record, "Come On Feel the Illinoise" this week and I have to say that this could be one of the best records of the year. This is an amazing listen. He must play like 153 instruments in this or something. Very different sound, very different instruments, quite a production overall. He even uses a chorus in some parts which is awesome. I'm really quite amazed at this record. I'm not smart enough to review this one. All I can say is WOW. 2 states down in his 50 states project. I look forward to hearing more.

5.0 on the 5.0 Dusty Scale

3 comments:

Adam said...

I just listened to a preview. Not my cup of tea, sounds good though

Anonymous said...

um, i like it but i have a problem with the whole 50 states thing. it's just weird to me that he would write whole albums about each state. weird!

kelli

p.s. it's never cool to spell out the name of a state in a song, unless Barney is the one doing it.

Dustin said...

oh kelli, you don't know what you're talking about, you're crazy.