Thursday, August 22, 2002

Monday night I went back to the same concert venue (Bowery Ballroom) and saw a few Christian bands play. Project 86 and Blindside. Project 86 was okay but the lead singer wasn't very natural. A lot of the show seemed like just that, a show. He didn't seem like much of a rock star and it was pretty forced. On the other hand Blindside was great. They are a solid hard rock band. It's encouraging to know that these guys are strong Christian men focused on the Lord and that they get to share it with that many people every night. They have shared the gospel through their music and witness more than most churches do in five years and I really mean that. They are going to be on Conan O'Brien on September 10 and actually so am I. I will be attending that night just by coincidence. What a great tool music can be. Yesterday Tom Gillespie, Jake Raymer, and Melissa Studnicki came and visited me. We walked all over the place. I actually saw some parts of New York City I have yet to see so that was great. No real thoughts today, just excited to see Christian people in the real world doing something significant.

No comments: