Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Break!

That's right. 27 years old and I am still taking a Spring Break! I live by the rule that everyone should get a spring break, every year, for life. Anyway, this year we are simply spending a few nights over at the coast in Newport. Going to visit Rogue Brewery tomorrow and take a tour, visit a few wineries on our way and go to the aquarium on Sunday. Otherwise we'll just be chilling and taking it easy.

Three beers I will try tomorrow:
1. Brew 10,000
2. Honey Cream Ale
3. Mocha Porter

Heck, I might even try a Chocolate Stout Float if things get crazy!

Sounds like a fun weekend. We kicked off things tonight with a Rieling tasting at the local wine store. They had five tastes of German Rieslings from 98, 94, 93, 90, 88 and a bonus pour from 71! That's right 1971. 9 Years before I was born. I have never had a wine that old so it was pretty cool. Before tonight I have always enjoyed red wines (mainly Syrah's and Pinot Noir's) but these were fantastic!

For those keeping score at home, yes I am breaking Lent because we have had these plans for this weekend before and I think Jesus understands. Plus, I'm not Catholic, what the heck am I doing? I will have more thoughts on the benefits (or lack-thereof) of participating in Lent soon!

I can't wait to get away! Tiring week of trying to get ahead in school so I don't have to do school work next week during our official spring break and working a few long days at the Goff's trying to get three rooms in their interior painted by April 1st! As I was painting a set of stairs (and almost done) I see their cat Kevin come flying around the corner and straight up the freshly painted steps. Crap. Now I've got to fix that on Tuesday and Kevin has grey paws for about 6 months.

No comments: