Friday, January 19, 2007

Innovative?

Here is Outreach's first annual "Innovative" Church List.

Can you spot more than three innovative churches on this list??? I am utterly confused. I think this list is more about who spent the most money for Outreach to market their crap. Is this a list of truly innovative churches or are they not just the large "seeker-sensitive", self help, here are five steps that can help you be a good friend kind of crap that draws a big crowd?

Side Note: I think it's funny that Ed Young Jr. is on the panel of judges and his church is also number 4. What a shocker!

Drew has a good post entitled "When lists get stupid." that I think is fairly relevant here.

This is also a funny post on the subject.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, great post...I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sending some "link love" my way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dustin. This is Cindy - Glenn's wife. Remember me? Just wanted to say hi to you and Kelli. Your blog is one of the (very) few I follow. This post is great! Tell Kelli I loved her "Typical Conversation" post, too. Glad to know you guys are doing well.

Dustin said...

Hey Cindy! What's going on? Great to hear from ya. Give me an email at dbagby@gmail.com, I would love to hear what you guys are up to nowadays (and where the heck you're at for that matter!)