Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hassles

After talking to my insurance company on the phone this morning it once again made me realize that so much of life is filled with these little hassles that at the time seem of extreme importance but in a month from now I will not remember at all.

Why do we give so much prominence and attention to the hassles in our lives and seem so eager to forget all the blessings that surround us?

I am as guilty as anyone of this of course. I think much like being iron-deficient I have been hope-deficient. Hope that life will not always be this way. Not that there will be less hassles, but that my own soul will be in a state where I am able to take joy in the blessings and not let the little things bother me or ruin my day.

That is one of the things I respect so much about some of my heroes. That despite anything going on, regardless of the difficulties or hassles, in these men and women's lives love trumps all. There is a spirit of grace and love in everything. I wonder if it is out of their knowledge that the little bumps in the road are indeed little, or that their inner world is at such peace that these things are almost not even blips on the radar screen.

No comments: