Friday, September 17, 2004

I hate the Strokes for doing this to music.

The Strokes took music in a direction that I wish never would have happened. After the Strokes, Hives, Vines came out all pretty much at the same time music has been doomed for copycat after copycat in the last five years. I'm not against The Strokes, Hives, Vines but tired ot the wearisome copying. I'm so tired of The French Kicks, The Kills, The Libertines, The Shins, The White Stripes, especially The Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Jet, and yes, even Franz Ferdinand. All this crap sounds the same. I'm so bored. Now every song sounds exactly like Last Nite by the Strokes. Come on, you don't believe me? Listen to every song by Jet. I hope they start concerning themselves more on the music than how they look. Yes we know, you're all creative, you wear ties while you play rock music and some of you even wear blazers. Wow! Impressive!
Anyone listening to anything creative these days? I'd love to hear any suggestions.

No comments: